Cathedral’s FUSION RP is a mud pulse data transmission system that uses a direct drive rotary valve assembly which significantly reduces the chance of plugging in high-viscosity or lost circulation applications compared to traditional hydraulic-assist linear pulse systems.
Wherever possible, Cathedral recommends using the FUSION EM system to ensure operators capture the time and cost savings available through the survey-on-connection capabilities of EM. However, when mud pulse systems are required, the FUSION RP tool delivers unique features and benefits versus the linear pulse tools available today.
- Anti-jam mechanism
- Fewer moving parts
- Low erosional material in flow gear composition
- Programmable on surface / talk-down controllable once in wellbore
- High temperature rating
- Low pressure drop across open tool
- In mud pulse applications where loss circulation material (LCM) is used
- In areas of high rig density where interference with EM detection is a possibility
- In extremely deep applications where EM transmission is challenged
- Increases run times with higher mean time between failures (MTFB)
- Uses same power source as EM
- Reduces impact on rig hydraulics
- Reduces risk of plugging