Cathedral utilizes the FUSION EM system wherever possible to ensure operators capture the time and cost savings available through the survey-on-connection capabilities of EM. However, when mud pulse systems are required, Cathedral offers two Linear Pulse (LP) options: High Temperature Retrievable (HTR) LP and Cathedral’s proprietary FUSION LP system.
FUSION LP is a closed, retrievable, mud pulse data transmission technology built using a direct actuated main shaft system. With no screens, pilot valve, or small orifices that are susceptible to plugging with debris, downhole mud conditions have minimal effect on tool performance.
Our innovative design of the FUSION LP delivers significantly higher force to the poppet shaft which results in superior clean-out capabilities of material beginning to block the orifice. Cathedral’s FUSION LP tool offers operators unique features and benefits versus standard linear pulse tools available in the industry.
FUSION LP is currently in the final testing stages and is available for customer evaluation.
- Direct actuated main shaft system
- Closed-system / no screen or pilot valve
- Retrievable (latest model)
- Advanced hydro assist add-on to generate bigger pulses
- In mud pulse applications where lost circulation material (LCM) is used
- High viscosity mud systems
- In areas of high rig density where interference with EM detection is a possibility
- In extremely deep applications where EM transmission is challenged
- In areas where becoming stuck is a high probability
- Longer run times
- Significantly reduces the risk of packing-off versus traditional poppet systems
- Maintains clear detection in deep, difficult wells
- Reduced non-productive time (NPT)