Cathedral’s CLAW premium power sections offer the highest flow rates and torque in the industry. Each tool size has multiple options that offer speed ranges designed to optimize Rates of Penetration by matching the desired bit type and rpm to target formations.
CLAW power sections are available in a variety of elastomers that are suited for individual applications and compatibility with drilling fluids, temperatures and differential pressures.
The Even Wall (EW) series utilize metal profile stators that maintain rpm and torque under the highest of differential pressures. The XT (Xtra Torque) series utilize advanced elastomers to generate high torque capacity while the XF (Xtra Flow) series are for applications where high flow rates are the norm.
Cathedral continues to expand the CLAW family of power sections — adding to our original 5″ and 7″ offerings to meet the evolving needs of deeper, longer wells.
- The CLAW delivers 50-90% more power than conventional motors
- The CLAW’s proprietary design accommodates higher flow rates compared to conventional motors
- The CLAW’s shorter bit to bend (B2B) design yields higher build rates and allows for rotation of motor through higher doglegs, enabling one-run verticals, curves, and laterals
- Formations with poor build tendencies
- Hard, aggressive, and unconsolidated formations
- Monobore wells
- Where operators want to leverage a rig’s higher pumping power
- Increased horsepower and torque
- Greater reliability and fewer trips
- Greater weight on bit (WOB) capacity
- Enhanced bit life
- Greater yield strengths: driveline components constructed from ultra-high strength materials with yield strengths up to 200,000 psi