Q3 2020 Highlight
NEW EM SUCCESS IN CLEARWATER, ALBERTA: 310 Hr Tool Run / 14 Legs / 0 NPT / 100% EM Detection
Our EMc² eliminates conventional battery restraints allowing us
to stay downhole longer and reduce NPT for our clients.
RECENT ACHIEVEMENTS IN CANADA
- Cathedral drills a one-run build/lateral to TD (>5,900m) utilizing the downhole generator in our FUSION EMc2 (High Output MWD) in Kakwa.
- Utilizing our High Speed pulse tool, helped our client reach TD 2 days ahead of their previous best well in Kakwa.
- Cathedral consistently holds a 15° tangent with RSS tool and drills the remainder of the well with conventional tools in Kakwa.
- Cathedral’s FUSION EM and nDURANCE motors drill its first three full-package RSS wells for Seven Generations.
- Cathedral’s FUSION EM and CLAW motor drill multiple one-run, surface to TD Spirit River wells reducing average time to TD by 40% versus previous pad results.
- 92,000m & Counting! // Cathedral’s 5 5/8″ CLAW 650 (XF), with Mud Lube nDURANCE bottom end, powers RSS assemblies to deliver 6 months of successful Duvernay drilling with ZERO motor issues. Interval Drilled: 92,934m / Circulating Time: 1,969 hrs. / ROP: 75m/hr
- LONGEST WELL IN CANADA: Drilled the longest well in Canada (TD 8,510m) for Shell with our nDURANCE 5 5/8″ CLAW 650 XT! The 5,168m build & lateral section was drilled in ONE RUN (75.89 bit hrs.) Congrats to everyone involved including Pacesetter (RSS + MWD) and Baker Hughes (Drill Bits) // Kaybob Duvernay
- Cathdral’s 5 5/8″ nDURANCE CLAW 650XF and new mud-lube bearing packs successfully drilling build/lateral sections in the Duvernay. 58,000m / 1,100 circ. hours / 0 motor failures to date
- Our CLAW 5 5/8″ 650XT and NEW mud-lube bearing pack powers an RSS to successfully drill 2 pads (7 wells) of Duvernay laterals with 0 NPT in the Kaybob. 19,301m lateral drilled / 194.9 bit hrs / 99 m per Hr ROP / Up to 12,000 kPa diff pressure.
- Cathedral’s high flow 55/8″ CLAW 650 (XF) drills lateral to 6,393m in 41.4hrs in Kaybob.
DEEP BASIN / CARDIUM
- Cathedral successfully drills its 300th well with Bonterra Energy.
- Cathedral nDURANCE motors and FUSION MWD drilled a 159mm Cardium monobore to TMD of 4,524m in a 7 day spud to TD.
- RECORD RUN: Cathedral drills the fastest ROP on a one-run Viking well in the Kerrobert field using our Fusion EM and nDURANCE motors. TD at 1,965m / 11.6 Drilling Hrs / ROP of 162 m/hr
- RECORD RUN: Cathedral drills a record run to kick off point for our client. In at 616m, out at 2,506m in 42.5 drilling hours with an average ROP of 44.5m/hr in Caroline.
- Cathedral successfully drills its 1,000th well with Raging River and TriStar.
- Cathedral has drilled 6,400+ wells in the Williston Basin since 2007. That is over 34,000,000 feet! 4,540 wells in Saskatchewan, 1,751 in Manitoba, 186 wells in North Dakota and 3 wells in Montana.
- RECORD RUN: Cathedral drills its fastest well to date for client using our Fusion EM and nDURANCE motor in the Banff Formation (Alberta) TD at 2,904m / 31.25 Drilling Hrs / ROP of 93 m/hr
- RECORD RUN: Cathedral drills the longest Shaunavon well to date at 4,008m (13,150 ft.) in 84.75 hours.
- 6 legs/1 run: 240 Hr run life with continuous inclination EM (FUSION EMc2) and no battery charges (172 circulating hrs) in Clearwater.
- Cathedral’s FUSION EM and nDURANCE motors drill a 6-leg multi-lateral with 1 BHA and 1 set of batteries in Clearwater for a total interval of 10,449 meters drilled.
- Cathedral’s consistent multi-lateral performance results in 40 successful wells in the last 12 months with client in Clearwater.
RECENT ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE USA
ROCKIES / GREAT PLAINS
- RECORD RUN: Williston Basin, North Dakota, Cathedral collaborates with rig site personnel to overcome a shale strike (and open hole sidetrack) to deliver a single bit record lateral in the Bakken to >20,000′. Lateral ROP 158 Ft/Hr / Total time (surface to D/O to TD): 8.4 days
- RECORD RUN: 12.3 drilling days vs. 14.5 days (previous best) in Three Forks / North Dakota. 2.3 day improvement and TD to 20,855′.
- Fastest conventional lateral for client in the Meramec with nDURANCE 71/4″ CLAW 250 (XT) – 2 mile lateral.
- The new 71/4″ CLAW 250 (XT) motor drills 8.5″ monobore to TD in the Niobrara at 12,070 ft., setting a 24 hr drilling record of 6,410 ft. – a 15% improvement over previous best.
- The fastest well recorded in the North Piceance – 6 day well spud to release.
- 24 HOUR LATERAL FOOTAGE RECORD: Cathedral’s CLAW 250 (XT) beats client’s all-time company record by 15%, drilling 4,936′ of lateral in 24 hours. Wolfcamp / Martin County, Texas
- RECORD RUN: 24 Hr footage record. Fastest in the basin, fastest in all counties, and fastest in all Permian formations. 4,990 ft/day in the lateral and 2,652 ft/day spud to TD.
- RECORD RUN: Cathedral’s nDURANCE motor powers a rotary steerable system to a record one-run lateral in the Wolfcamp B. Interval Drilled: 9,688′ / 40.67 Drilling Hrs. / ROP: 238 ft/hr / TD at 19,241′
- Our FUSION RP XT achieving 90-100% decoding at 0.5 second pulse widths in the Wolfcamp / Texas
- Cathedral’s EMc² (High Output EM) drills >17,000′ with minimal battery consumption. Downhole mud-driven turbine allows extended drilling (>225 Hrs) with minimal battery depletion
- RECORD RUN: Record spud to release in 7.73 days. A new company record for our client in the Wolfcamp using the 7″ CLAW 400 (HS) and FUSION EM. 16,194′ in 89.5 hrs
- Cathedral’s new 7″ Claw 400 (HS) delivering new levels of performance in the Permian. 4,841 ft. drilled in 24hr and 20 continuous stands without any slides in Wolfcamp formation
- Successfully drilled a one run curve and lateral (11,366 ft. interval) with our nDURANCE 7″ CLAW 400 (HS) in the Lower Spraberry
- Another one run 11,467 ft. curve and lateral drilled with nDURANCE 7″ Claw 400 (HS) in 156 drilling hours in the Lower Spraberry
- One run curve and lateral drilled to 18,958 ft. TD with FUSION EMc² High Output Telemetry, eliminating the typical requirement for tripping to change MWD batteries in the Permian (Midland)
- Cathedral’s nDURANCE motor drills one-run curve and laterals of 11,500 ft. with the CLAW averaging 104’/hr. in the Permian (Midland)
- RECORD RUN: Our CLAW 400 delivers a record run low angle S-well in the Scoop (McClain County, OKC) Interval Drilled: 10,209′ / 16.5 Drilling Hrs / ROP: 65 ft/hr / TD: 12,239′ / 94% footage drilled while rotating
- Cathedral’s first successful one-run lateral to TD utilizing the proprietary 71/4″ CLAW 250 (XT) motor in the Meramec (Kingfisher County).
- Cathedral’s 5″ CLAW 190 (Halo) drills a 4,909 ft. lateral in 53.25 hrs – a new performance level in the challenging Mississippi Lime.
- 24 HR FOOTAGE RECORD: Cathedral’s nDURANCE CLAW 400 (HS) and FUSION EM obtain a footage record for our client reaching 6,235′ in 24 hours. Utica / Ohio
- RECORD RUN: Cathedral’s CLAW 400 drills the fastest curve in client’s history in the Utica. 4 drilling Hrs / 8,116′ to TD / 271.75 Ft per Hr average ROP.
- Cathedral’s FUSION EM and 7″ CLAW 400 (HS) drilled a one-run lateral in the Utica which included a company record for conventionally drilled daily footage. (11,032′ lateral drilled / 42 Drilling Hours / 5,329′ 24 Hr footage)
- Cathedral’s FUSION EM and 7″ CLAW 400 (HS) conventionally drills a long lateral (Over 3 miles) in the Utica in 105.5 drilling hours.
- Cathedral’s motors and FUSION EM MWD drill a single run tangent/curve/lateral matching RSS time to TD in the Marcellus.
- Cathedral’s G5 FUSION EM and non-mag power sections are delivering consistent conventional curve and laterals. Drilling in-zone 98% and 24 hr drilling footage record of 4,446′ in Marcellus/Upper Devonian.
- Client record for 24 hour conventional footage with Cathedral’s 7″ CLAW 400 (HS) and FUSION EM. Drilled 4,800′ in 24 hours.
CONTACT US TODAY TO EXPLORE HOW WE CAN ACHIEVE BETTER PERFORMANCE EVERY DAY ON YOUR NEXT PROJECT.
© Copyright 2020 - Cathedral Energy Services. All Rights Reserved.
Introduction of RapidFire MWD platform and closure of Emerald Park and Oklahoma facilities as part of restructuring.