Cathedral’s Drilling Optimization Group provides technical insight into our clients’ drilling performance to deliver comprehensive recommendations for efficient and accurate wellbore placement.
The Drilling Optimization Group is structured to combine Cathedral’s experience operating in the most challenging drilling conditions across North America and the expertise of our well planning, drilling operations, engineering and technology personnel to customize solutions fit for our clients’ needs.
Through this collaboration, the Drilling Optimization Group aims to:
- Achieve the most efficient well design by minimizing the effects of torque and drag
- Achieve the most effective well design by maximizing pay zone contact
- Provide bottom hole assembly (BHA) design and advice on operational parameters to maximize drilling performance for the different sections and formations of the well using Cathedral or third party technology
- Provide technical feedback and enhance Cathedral’s proprietary motors and MWD technology to overcome the challenges encountered during drilling operations
- Structure a continuous improvement process to ensure short and long term drilling performance goals and metrics are achieved
Our Optimization team provides insight on:
- BHA design
- Torque and drag
- Hydraulic calculations and modeling
- Drill string analysis including stress and deflection
- Optimal wellbore trajectory
- Electronic data recording (EDR) diagnostics
- Higher rate of penetration (ROP)
- Lower drilling cost
- Fewer trips for equipment failures
- Lower non-productive time (NPT)
- Long term continuous performance improvement
- Value added insights on downhole data
© Copyright 2019 - Cathedral Energy Services. All Rights Reserved.
Full Service Marketing Agency
Cathedral divests its Flowback and Production Testing division to Ideal Completions Group.