Cathedral’s FUSION RP is a mud pulse data transmission system that uses a direct drive rotary valve assembly with a rotor-on-bottom configuration. As a result, using FUSION RP significantly reduces the chance of plugging in applications using high-viscosity or high levels of lost circulation material (LCM) compared to traditional hydraulic-assist linear pulse systems.
The recent development of a high torque rotary valve motor has enabled pulse generation in longer, deeper wells. In addition, the additional torque reduces the jamming tendency of typical rotary pulse systems in higher flow, deep drilling environments.
FUSION RP (in combination with FUSION EM) now enables Cathedral to offer clients a reliable dual telemetry system suitable for use in long, deep wells that historically have been difficult to achieve detection with EM.
- High torque rotary valve motor
- Fewer moving parts
- Low erosional material in flow gear composition
- Programmable on surface / talk-down controllable once in wellbore
- Low pressure drop across open tool
- In mud pulse applications where loss circulation material (LCM) is used
- In areas of high rig density where interference with EM detection is a possibility
- In long, deep applications where telemetry redundancy is desired
- Increases run times with higher mean time between failures (MTFB)
- Reduces impact on rig hydraulics
- Reduces risk of plugging / packing-off