Once the data is collected downhole by the tools and sensors within the FUSION MWD technology platform, data must be transmitted to surface and used to assess the progress of a drilling project to determine if corrective action is required.
Cathedral’s proprietary FUSION EM data transmission technology leads the industry in terms of reliable electromagnetic (EM) data transmission and detection on surface. Fusion EM successfully achieves transmission and detection in formations, and at depths, where conventional EM systems are not reliable. We continue to drill deeper and further, setting EM records for depth in Canada and the US. Our consistent performance with EM technology greatly reduces survey NPT by enabling data transmission during connections.
- Advanced digital surface system and decoder software enables
- Reliable data transmission in a broader range of high impedance formations
- Two-way, real-time data transmission
- No lost circulation material (LCM) restrictions
- No drilling fluid pressure or rig hydraulic limitations
- Areas where conventional EM is not reliable
- Wellbores with lost circulation issues
- Under-balanced and multi-phase drilling
- Wells requiring multiple agitators that render pulse transmission ineffective
- Eliminate surveying non-productive time (NPT) associated with mud pulse data transmission
- Superior surface detection and decoding enables deeper and further drilling with EM
- Capture EM time savings in more basins and formations
- Higher data transmission rates enable more data to be available on surface