Cathedral continues to expand the CLAW family of power sections — adding to our original 5″ and 7″ offerings to meet the evolving needs of deeper, longer wells. In support of these developments, we have introduced a new naming convention to our CLAW family to differentiate our various offerings and assist in selecting the proper motor for specific programs.
Our nomenclature is CLAW ### (AA) where ### reflects the revolutions per gallon of drilling fluid, and AA is an abbreviation of the primary feature of the motor. Our current CLAW motor line includes the following specific motors:
The CLAW helps Cathedral deliver Better Performance Every Day to clients across North America with motor performance that far surpasses standard industry offerings.
Our newest 7 1/4″ CLAW 250 (XT) has delivered exceptional ROP and reliability since its introduction.
We also eagerly anticipate drilling results from our new 5 5/8″ CLAW 650 (XF) — a higher flow motor for efficient drilling.
- The CLAW delivers 50-90% more power than conventional motors
- The CLAW’s proprietary design accommodates higher flow rates compared to conventional motors
- The CLAW’s shorter bit to bend (B2B) design yields higher build rates and allows for rotation of motor through higher doglegs, enabling one-run verticals, curves, and laterals
- Formations with poor build tendencies
- Hard, aggressive, and unconsolidated formations
- Monobore wells
- Where operators want to leverage a rig’s higher pumping power
- Increased horsepower and torque
- Greater reliability and fewer trips
- Greater weight on bit (WOB) capacity
- Enhanced bit life
- Greater yield strengths: driveline components constructed from ultra-high strength materials with yield strengths up to 200,000 psi