Once the data is collected downhole by the tools and sensors within the FUSION MWD technology platform, data must be transmitted to surface and used to assess the progress of a drilling project to determine if corrective action is required.
Cathedral’s FUSION EM G5 data transmission technology leads the industry in terms of reliable EM data transmission. Cathedral successfully uses EM transmission in formations where conventional EM systems are not reliable. We continue to drill deeper and further, setting EM records for depth in Canada and the US. Our consistent performance with EM technology delivers a time saving benefit to our customers and their drilling projects.
- Advanced digital surface system and decoder software enables superior detection and filtering capabilities
- Proprietary transmitter delivers reliable data transmission in a broader range of high impedance formations
- Two-way data transmission
- Real-time data transmission
- No lost circulation material (LCM) or mud property restrictions
- No drilling fluid pressure or rig hydraulic limitations
- Areas where conventional EM is not reliable
- Areas of total or lost circulation
- Under-balanced and multi-phase drilling
- Eliminate surveying non-productive time (NPT) associated with mud pulse data transmission
- Detect extremely small signals on surface which enables deeper and further drilling with EM
- Capture EM time savings in more basins and formations
- Higher data transmission rates enable more data to be available on surface